Respiratory Readmission Reduction Program
For Post-Acute Facilities
- CMS-mandated readmission reduction and penalties are in effect.
- Post-acute facilities must collaborate with hospitals to reduce COPD, CHF, and pneumonia re-hospitalizations or risk losing those referrals.
The SRS Solution:
- Our unique, evidence-based Respiratory Readmission Reduction Program provides the best practices you need to successfully rehabilitate your high-risk cardiopulmonary patients and prevent them from returning to the hospital.
- Our highly experienced Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCPs) support and train your nurses in the care of your patients with cardiopulmonary disorders.
- We provide patient self-management education to ensure that patients and caregivers are prepared when they go home, and are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital.
- Our Respiratory Readmission Reduction Program is customizable to meet the fluctuating needs of your facility and patient population.
- Flexible scheduling allows you to increase or decrease the presence of RCPs in your facility depending upon your census, patient acuity levels, and skill levels of your nurses.
- We provide performance metrics demonstrating the success of your Respiratory Readmission Reduction Program and improved satisfaction of your patients.
Additional Benefits to You:
- Dramatically reduce your rehospitalization rates for CHF, pneumonia, and COPD.
- Enhance your facility’s value to your referral sources.
- Expand and upgrade your menu of services.
- You can accept higher-acuity patients safely and successfully.
- You have a cost-effective staffing option for Respiratory Care services.
- You can promote the services of Respiratory Care Practitioners in your facility.
- Evidence-based respiratory care will boost QA and safety measures and comply with JCAHO, CMS, and other regulatory agencies.
- We can help you lower costs by conducting respiratory utilization reviews and eliminating unnecessary modalities, treatments, and medications.
- We help you market your facility to healthcare systems and other referral sources throughout the region.
- We can help you maintain your facility-owned respiratory equipment through our Equipment Maintenance Program.
- Let us show you how you can provide outpatient rehabilitation to your respiratory patients!
Additional Benefits to Your Patients and Community:
- As respiratory patients recover faster, they are able to tolerate more aggressive therapies provided by your therapists and nurses.
- Your patient satisfaction rates will soar as they recover more completely and regain their independence.
- Increased patient self-efficacy is the result of disease self-management education. This is the key to preventing rehospitalization after patients leave your facility.
- Patients will want to return to your facility to continue rehabilitation on an outpatient basis.
Stop sending your respiratory patients back to the hospital right now!
Contact us for an appointment to discuss how our Respiratory Readmission Reduction Program can help your facility successfully rehabilitate your high-risk cardiopulmonary patients.
Lower Readmissions With Respiratory Care at Home
Respiratory Program Development & Project Management
Pulmonary Rehabilitation for Your Organization
Respiratory Care Management
Private Duty Respiratory Care at Home
Nurse & Caregiver Training
Please Contact Us or call 916.805.5119 for more information.
From Hospital to Home:
Easing the Transition for Respiratory Patients and Their Caregivers